Happy Blog Hop! This is the first blog hop with FSJ x Spellbinders!
This is so very exciting!
My kids start counting down for the Holiday! They start working on their never ending wish lists and (of course) keep changing their minds too ! hahaha! My boy has been telling me he wants to get more books!
That’s how I have this Once Upon A Time “book” idea for this blog hop.
Let me break down the steps into 2 parts.
Part 1 – Once Upon A Time Book Cover:
- Trim Pomegranate Splash Cardstock to 8 3/4″ x 5 3/4″, score at 3 3/4″, 3 7/8″ , 4 7/8″ and 5″. Fold them and check if the FSJ Scenic Tray would fit well. The size of the tray may vary, please adjust the score line as needed.
- Trim 2 Pomegranate Splash Cardstock to 3 5/8″ x 6 5/8″ as a backing to hide the ribbon.
- Die cut the FSJ Window View Die with Black Licorice Cardstock . Use yellow shade panpastel from Party Pop Panpastels to create lighting background on a Whip Cream Cardstock .
- Adhere a piece of vellum on the window frame, let it dry. Die cut 4 circles with the 2nd smallest circle die from Journey Circles Die Set to create a simple window curtain effect. Use foam squares to pop the window, then adhere the window on the book cover.
- Stamp “Once Upon A Time” from Princess Wishes Stamp Set and heat set it with silver embossing power on black cardstock. I use a thick marker to roll the banner and add one foam square to one side only to create the wavy look.
- Add a strip of FSJ Silver Sparkle Tape to add some shimmer and shine!
- Lastly, add backing with White Liner (double sided tape) and Cocoa Powder Satin ribbon to finish up the book cover.
Part 2 – The Merry Christmas Shadow box.
- Carefully emove the tiny hoop from the Scenic Tray.
- Trim 2 black strips – 11″ x 3/4″, and wrap around the Scenic Tray. I prefer FSJ Journey Craft Glue as I could move around to get it to the perfect position. If you have a good control with double sided tape, it will do the work too.
- Use Confectionary days panpastels (Phthalo Green Tint and Violet Tint color) to create the background on the A4 whip cream cardstock. Make sure to cover an area of at least 6″ x 7.5″. Then cover the entire panpastel background with Clear Pigment Ink Pad, pour Clear Embossing Powder, and heat set it. It will give you a shimmery glossy texture!!
- This part maybe a little tricky! Once cool down, flip over the cardstock and draw the template as follow. Trim each corner out and score along the dashed lines. Fold against the score line and use craft glue/double sided tape to adhere to the sonic tray.
- Die cut 3 “Santa Parade Die“, trim the Santa and the boy out. Trim 2 Christmas trees out and 1 present. I poop out the present with 1 foam square and pop the Christmas tree 2 times. Stack 3 foam squares to the back of the Santa and the little boy, also along the border.
- Die cut 3 “Merry” and “Christmas” from the Santa Parade die. Stack and Glue them together. Once dry, apply clear pigment ink pad and heat set with FSJ Copper Embossing Powder.
- Die cut a frame from the rectangular die (the 2 largest dies). Right, it doesn’t completely cover the scenic tray so I use the Silver Sparkle Tape to fill the gap on top and bottom.
- Add a few Journey Sequins Blue Skies and Rainbow Drops! Yup. that’s about it!
- you can keep the box as it or glue it to the book cover from Part 1.
I hope you all enjoy this blog hop. A little different from a classic card. With the holiday coming up, I hope you get to try this. Again, please keep hopping for more Holiday Projects from my lovely teammates.
SUPPLIES LIST: (Click Link to SHOP)
Spellinders – Santa Parade Die
FSJ –Princess Wishes Stamp Set /Window View Die / Silver Sparkle Tape / Confectionary days panpastels / Party Pop Panpastels / Scenic Tray / Clear Pigment Ink Pad / Clear Embossing Powder / Silver Embossing Powder / Copper Embossing Powder / Cocoa Powder Satin / Journey Sequins Blue Skies / Rainbow Drops / Black Licorice Cardstock/ Pomegranate Splash Cardstock / Whip Cream Cardstock/ Journey Vellum / Cozy Winter Prints / Journey Rectangles Die / Journey Scoring Board / Journey Foam (SM) / Journey Foam (MD) / Craft Glue / White Liner /Journey Circles Die Set
Thank you for Stopping by and Happy Crafting!