Happy New Year! The first blog hop of 2019, a very sweet one. I am still recovering from a crazy cough and the christmas tree is still up in my living room! LOL.
I have 4 easy and quick cards to share by using the same “Decorative Hearts Die Set” that I got it for free when I purchased the Follow Your Heart Bundle! I only pick 2-card stock color for all 4 cards. Let me show you 4 different ways to use this die set for some sweet and cute valentine’s card!
Card 1 – All You Need is Love
I used the biggest heart as a background and add a few things for a very sparkly card.
- Flick Bubble gum Silk and Sparkle Silk to the card base, let it dry and adhere the heart die cut with craft glue.
- Cut a whip cream banner, punch a hole and add special day organza ribbon, stamp “all you need is LOVE” from “All The Feels” stamp set. Add Journey Glaze and Sparkle dust over the sentiment.
- Add a strip of silver sparkle tape, stamp and die cut the mice from “Valentine Pals” stamp set, and stamp tassel from “All the Feels” stamp set.
- Add few Pink World sequins to finish the card.
Supply List: Rustic Rose cardstock, Tin Pail Cardstock, Whip Cream Cardstock, Black Licorice Ink Pad, Valentine Pals Bundle, Decorative Heart Die Set, Journey Silver Tape, All The Feels Stamp Set, Journey Glaze, Sparkle Dust, Bubble Gum Silk, Sparkle Silk, Pink World Sequins, Special Day Organza Ribbon, Foam Square
Card 2 – Using the die cut as stencil
- I use pastel pink PanPastel over the die cut hearts all over the card base to create a background. keep the die cut hearts to create Card 3.
- Stamp the type writer with sentiment and die cut it.
- Stamp Tassel from “All the Feels”, add Journey Glaze and sparkle dust.
- Die cut the Bunch of Hearts Die.
- add a strip of pattern paper from Follow your heart prints.
- flick a few drops of sparkle silk to finish the card.
Supply List: Rustic Rose cardstock, Tin Pail Cardstock, Whip Cream Cardstock, Black Licorice Ink Pad, Decorative Heart Die Set, Journey Silver Tape, All The Feels Stamp Set, Sending My Love Stamp, Bunch of Hearts Die Set, 6″ x 6″ Follow Your Heart Printed Paper, Journey Glaze, Sparkle Dust, Confectionary Days PanPastels, Sparkle Silk,
Card 3 – Reuse the stencil Die cut from Card 2.
- Flick the card base with Bubble Gum and Sparkle Silk.
- Die cut a snapshot frames, flip it over and arrange the die cuts and trim accordingly so it would fit within the frame. I only use 2 hearts the fill up the frame.
- add the kitten from “Valentine’s Pal” and stamp “Happy Valentine’s” from Love Arrow AT stamp.
- Add the mini envelopes from “Hey Girl” AT stamp, fussy cut them out.
Supply List: Rustic Rose cardstock, Tin Pail Cardstock, Whip Cream Cardstock, Black Licorice Ink Pad, Decorative Heart Die Set, Valentine Pals Bundle, Hey Girl AT Stamp, Love Arrow AT Stamp, Snapshot Frame Die Set, Sparkle Dust, Sparkle Silk,Bubble Gum Silk,
Card 4: Use the die cut to emboss the card base
- put all 3 dies on the card base and emboss it, make sure sandwich them in the right order per your die cut machine instruction.
- Add a strip of vellum to soften the background.
- Add a small rose from “Love Buds” embellishment, few Fashion Silver Dot, tiny strip of silver tape and bonjour from “sending my Love” stamp set.
Supply List: Rustic Rose cardstock, Tin Pail Cardstock, Whip Cream Cardstock, Black Licorice Ink Pad, Decorative Heart Die Set, Journey Silver Tape, Sending My Love Stamp, Journey Glaze, Sparkle Dust, Sparkle Silk, vellum, love buds paper flower, fashion silver dot
Thank you for stopping by! Please keep hopping for the next one.
Jill Hilliard <– Next!
I hope the FSJ Creative Team inspires you! Happy crafting!