I have a quick tutorial to share! A mini shadow box! I made these for my Kinder kids in my Sunday School Class. The kids promoted to 1st grade class, so I made these for them as a gift. I absolutely love this Baby’s Special Day Stamp Set. I can use it for many projects, from baptism card to Easter, Baby Shower, Encouragement, Birthday ..etc ! The best part is that comes with a set of matching dies! Fussy Cut FREE!
Supply List: Sun Rays Die / Cloud Dreams Die / Barn Wall Embossing Folder / Garden Fence Die / Whip Cream Cardstock / Black Licorice Cardstock / Baby’s Special Day Bundle / Cranberry Bliss Cardstock (or any red color cardstock) /Confectionary Days Panpastels (Yello shade)/ Journey Color Splash/ Journey Glaze / Journey Sparkle Dust / Form Square / Black Licorice Ink Pad/ Oatmeal Cookie Ink Pad / Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock / Special Day Tags Die Set / Craft Glue / Vellum / Boho Trim / Special Day Organza
- Trim a 3 1/2″ x 5″ whip cream cardstock. You may need to trim a hair-line to get it fit. Just check if it would fit inside the tray before adhere anything to it.
- Die cut 1 smallest cloud with whip cream cardstock.
- Die cut 2 second smallest cloud (one with whip cream cardstock, one with vellum). (Optional step – add blue panpastel over cloud ☁️ and over the background)
- Use Sun Rays die to create a stencil. Apply yellow shade panpastel over the stencil to create sun rays. Then use form square to adhere the clouds.
- Die cut the Carden Fence Die with Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock, then embossed it with Barn Wall Embossing Folder. (Optional step – Apply oatmeal cookie ink pad to the embossed line to add color). Use foam square to attach it.
- Die cut the small hexagon from Special Day Tags Die set. Stamp it with “You are a child of god…..” with either black ink or clear pigment ink (heat emboss it with black embossing powder). Lightly ink the edges with Oatmeal Cookie Ink pad. Use double-layered foam squares to attach it on top of the fence. (Optional step- use cement tile stencil with yellow panpastel to create background)
- Stamp dove and cross from Baby’s Special Day Stamp, color with water splash color pencil and die cut it. Also die cut 1 extra dove and 1 extra cross. Adhere it to the stamped-colored dove and cross to thicken them up. I stack 4 mini foam squares behind the dove’s wing, 3 behind the belly. 3 large foam squares behind the cross. (Dove Color – 0045, 0046, 005, 0019, 0015) (Cross Color – 0023, 0027, 0022 )
- Bible – trim a 7/8″ x 1 3/8″ strip from black cardstock. Score a line at 5/8″ (pretty much count 5 score-line); skip one score-line for your 2nd score line; and count 5 more score-line is where to trim it. Sorry, I know it is confusing. Think about 5-1-5 and trim it.
- Then fold it up, put foam square in between and use craft glue to adhere the red book-mark (a mini strip from any red cardstock). Color the Bible edge with gold marker, write “Bible” and draw a cross on the cover. I use 4 foam squares to pop it up.
- To hang, add journey twine (I used natural color). Also add you choice of ribbon through the loop. I used Boho Trim and Special Day Organza.
Hope you all like it and will give it a try! I have 2 more cards to share using the Baby’s Special Day:
Thank You for stopping by and have a Sparkly Day!