Less than 10 days and it will be Christmas!!!! Are you on the “Naughty List” or “Nice List”? perhaps maybe on the Crazy List? I have to say I am on the TIRED LIST with all the Xmas activities from school, church and dance!! I am sure everyone is trying his or her best to get things done. Endlessly wrapping gifts with last minute holiday shopping? The Holiday Season can be overwhelming to most of us, especially crafter like us. We try to make everything, right? You know you have no time to make more cards, and you know you won’t go BUY a card! hahahaha! PLUS, your Family and Friends are expecting a “Hand made card”!! Oh no…What are we going to do?!?!?! Don’t worry, this blog hop may help you. I have 2 fairly quick and easy projects to share. One bonus project when you realize you do have time for a fancy hand-made ornament.
The VERY Super Tags
Seriously, I had no idea what I was going to make at first but I knew I wouldn’t have time to make 20 cards in an hour… Some easy hand made tags would be the solution. I pulled out all my tags die and laid them all on the black cardstock. I fitted as many dies as I could possibly fit! Then use Warshi tape and make sure all the dies are attached together, so you can transfer the template to another sheet. This will save you lot of time.
I did 2 black sheets, 1 red and 1 pattern paper. I sorted them out and started stacking them. I mixed and matched and was able to get 14 tags done in a very short time frame.
I stamped and heat embossed the simple sentiment. The key for this project is to fit as many die as you could. Also do take advantages of using washi tape, sequins, and ready to use embellishment to keep the project simple. I didn’t even copy one single stamped image in this project. I would recommend to choose only 2-3 colors cardstock and go from there.
Supply Lists: Cozy Winter Prints, Black cardstock, Candy Apple cardstock, Sweet Pear cardstock, Frame It Die Set, Bread Tag Die, Special Day Tags Die Set, Journey Scallops Die set (the smallest one), Journey Sequins, Golden Poinsettia, Journey Holiday Sequins, sparkle silk, Fashion Silver Dot, Black Embossing powder, Clear Pigment ink pad, Candy Apple Journey Tape, Silver Sparkle Tape, It’s Cold Outside Stamp (Merry Christmas Sentiment), Santa Approved AT Stamp, Natural thread, special day organza
The Santa Gift Card /Money Holder
I almost want to say “I cheated” on this one. This is so easy to make as I used the FSJ Passport Book (all precut and scored, one pack with 10). I only used a few basic elements and turn this into a Santa gift card holder. You could put pictures, tea bags, individual hot coco powder, money, etc too!
- Die cut the bigger “Ornament” shape tag from “Special Day Tags Die Set” and cut it into half.
- Use the 2 smallest square from “Journey Squares Die” and cut out a santa’s belt buckle with mirror paper.
- Die cut one basic border from “Border Basics Die” with whip cream cardstock.
- Cut one black strip about 9″ x 1 1/8″
- Trim a 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ card base with Apple Candy cardstock (check if it could cover the passport book.)
Simply use double sided tape or craft glue to adhere it as following, beside the belt. The belt will be use to wrap around the passport book (it will help to keep it closed). Add 2 big silver fashion as the buttons.
Once everything is assembled, put all the gift cards and tags/pictures or whatever that fit and close it. Then work on the belt to create a loop, which allow you to slide it in and out to keep the passport book close.
p.s. with the help of my kids, they stamped a few images inside too !
The Very Merry Ornament – The Baby Jesus Stable
I call this one the bonus project. It is up on my Christmas Tree now! The Little Baby Jesus sure looks peaceful and it is a great reminder of the truth meaning of Christmas. It is such a blessing we celebrate the birth of Christ and (YES) Jesus is the reason for the season! If I do have the time for it, I would love to make dozens of this for all my friends.
- Emboss the oatmeal cookie cardstock with Barn Wall Embossing folder, then ink the embossed cardstock with Hazelnut blend ink pad.
- Die the Spellbinders “Build A House” Die, 1-Roof, 1-base, 2-side panel, 2-fence , 1-house back panel.
3. Cut the roof into half, and glue it to the House back panel. Then glue the 2 side panels. Once dried, trim it to align with the roof and adhere to the base.
4. fold the 2 fence to half, and attached them to the house side panel.
5. Add one tiny Drop of glue at the end post. The FSJ craft glue will do its work to keep it in place! Set the stable aside and let it dries.
6. Next is to create some hay. You can buy them from $ store. Here, I use some natural thread and the woolen trim from BOHO trim. I un-thread them, cut them into pieces and fill the stable with hay.
7. Stamp the Roof, baby Jesus, star (from Silent Night Stamp Set) with black ink on a whip creak cardstock, color them accordingly. I used FSJ Water Splash Color Pencil. Die cut them out or fussy cut them out. I glaze the star and baby Jesus and add sparkle dust.
8. Create a triangle stand with a 1/8″ x 2″ strip and attach it to baby Jesus. Then adhere the baby Jesus stand to the base of the Stable and move the hay around to cover the stand.
9. Glue the remaining pieces to the stable. Poke 2 holes on the top and add Silver Tinsel.
10. Lastly, I create a banner, stamp “For unto us a child is born” ,and attach it inside the stable with 2 foam squares.
Build A House Die Set, Silent Night Bundle , Barn Wall Embossing Folder, Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock, Black Licorice Ink Pad, Hazelnut Blend Ink Pad, Journey Glaze, Journey Sparkle Dust, Silver Tinsel, Natural Thread, Journey Color Splash Pencils, foam Squares, Boho Trim
Thank you for stopping for this long blog! Please keep hopping for the next one.
I hope the FSJ Creative Team inspires you!
After all, I wish you all a very Merry Crafty Christmas with your love ones!
Happy Merry Crafting!