Welcome to MY VERY VERY FIRST Blog Hop! Yup, my first blog hop as a member of the FSJ Creative Team! Woo hoo! The Team were told to share a project that would represent our own unique style. Did you hop over from the amazing talented lady “Carrie Rhoades“ ? or maybe from FSJ Blog ? Anyhow, I am sure these blogs will keep your weekend very crafty-busy!
It took me sometime to brain storm a project to share. I know I love scrapbooking with lot of embellishments and I love to add on some fun elements to my layout. I decided to pick one of the new product from the 2018-2019 FSJ Inspiration Book and Catalog, “The DIY HOOP“. A pack of DIY Hoop comes with 6, for less than $6!! NO WAY! Best Deal Ever!
Here is the project I would love to share!
I have broken this project into 2 levels, “Intro” and “Intermediate”, base on your comfort level plus the supplies you have at home.
Intro Level 1 – One Single DIY Hoop
- Use the largest DIY hoop and trace it on the canvas, fussy cut it out. Make sure trace the outside circle of the hoop, not the inside so you have room to adhere the canvas to the hoop.
- Grab some FSJ Modeling Paste and mix it with the Rose Gold PanPastel powder. Add powder in a small portion, mix well and add little by little for darker color.
- Use FSJ Spatula and spread the mixed modeling paste over Flower Power Stencils.
- Immediately clean your stencils with baby wipe or wet towel while waiting the paste to be dried.
- Once dried, adhere the canvas to the DIY Hoop using FSJ Craft Glue (Must Have!!)
- Die cut a small leaf and smaller flower from “Blooming Details Die Sets” and “Bloom Cluster Die” using vellum. Color the small flower with Rose Gold PanPastel. Adhere them to the DIY Hoop.
- Add 2 flowers from Vintage Burst and one peaches and cream Meadow flower with the Craft Glue.
- Then finish it up with a Natural Twine multi-loop bow.
- Add Sentiment and/or wallet size photo.
Not bad right? Let’s try Level 2 ! Actually, you have done half of the work already!
Intermediate Level 2 – 3 Hoops on Canvas
- Layout everything on canvas to get a draft design; take a picture with your cellphone so you can remember where things go.
- Spread modeling paste randomly over the canvas with Ring Stacks Stencil; let it dry and go clean the stencil!! You don’t want the paste to dry on your stencil! It is easier to clean when it is still wet!
- Mix Rose Gold PanPastel (small portion at a time) with Whip Cream Acrylic paint, add some water to dilute the paint to achieve water-color look.
- Start painting over canvas, recommend to practice where it will be covered by the large DIY hoops.
- Then add Oatmeal cookies Acrylic Paint (also add water to dilute the paint).
- Flick both diluted oatmeal and rose gold paint brush to add droplet over the layout.
- I also used Gold Silk for one last touch. Let it all dry, or use heat gun to dry it.
- Stamp the Ballerina image from Dance Life Stamp Set with clear pigment ink pad and heat set it with Black Embossing powder.
- I stamped a bow from Build-A-Wreath Stamp set on vellum and heat set with white embossing powder, fussy cut it out. I did the same to the flowers, but with white embossing powder over oatmeal cookies cardstock. I die cuts 4 leaves from Bloom Details Die, 2 colored with the diluted paints. I heat set 2 of them with copper embossing powder.
- Then glue all the hoops and embellishment on the layout. It can be any kind of embellishment you have at home. There is no right or wrong. The key is color coordination. You can add less or more depending on your preference. Once everything is dry, it is ALL DONE!!!!
Hope you all like it! Thank You for stopping by and keep hopping to the next one:
Jill Hilliard – Jill has something stinkin’ cute to share! All I can say is “Get yourself ready for the Holiday with Gnome”! Hurry and check it out! You will totally love her cards and her dogs (well at least I do! lol).
In case you are lost from hopping around, here is the master list for all the blogs:
Intro Level – Supply List: DIY Hoops / Meadow flower / Journey Twine Natural / Canvas Sheet / Modeling Paste / Rose Gold PanPastel / Spatula / Flower Power Stencils / Craft Glue / Blooming Details Die Sets / Bloom Cluster Die / Vellum / Vintage Burst
Intermediate Level – Additional Supply List: Oatmeal Cooke Acrylic Paint / Whip Crem Acrylic Paint / Dance Life Stamp Set / Clear Pigment Ink Pad / Black Embossing Powder / Cooper Embossing Powder / Detailed Foliage / Build-A-Wreath Stamp Set / Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock / Bloom Palette / Square Paint Brush / Vagabond Chips / Fashion Gold / Ring Stacks Stencil