Don’t miss out this Fun Summer Bloom Box!
I have a quick tutorial to share! A mini shadow box! I made these for my Kinder kids in my Sunday School Class. The kids promoted to 1st grade class, so I made these for them as a gift. I absolutely love this Baby’s Special Day Stamp Set. I can use it for many projects, from baptism card to Easter, Baby Shower, Encouragement, Birthday ..etc ! The best part is that comes with a set of matching dies! Fussy Cut FREE!
Supply List: Sun Rays Die / Cloud Dreams Die / Barn Wall Embossing Folder / Garden Fence Die / Whip Cream Cardstock / Black Licorice Cardstock / Baby’s Special Day Bundle / Cranberry Bliss Cardstock (or any red color cardstock) /Confectionary Days Panpastels (Yello shade)/ Journey Color Splash/ Journey Glaze / Journey Sparkle Dust / Form Square / Black Licorice Ink Pad/ Oatmeal Cookie Ink Pad / Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock / Special Day Tags Die Set / Craft Glue / Vellum / Boho Trim / Special Day Organza
- Trim a 3 1/2″ x 5″ whip cream cardstock. You may need to trim a hair-line to get it fit. Just check if it would fit inside the tray before adhere anything to it.
- Die cut 1 smallest cloud with whip cream cardstock.
- Die cut 2 second smallest cloud (one with whip cream cardstock, one with vellum). (Optional step – add blue panpastel over cloud ☁️ and over the background)
- Use Sun Rays die to create a stencil. Apply yellow shade panpastel over the stencil to create sun rays. Then use form square to adhere the clouds.
- Die cut the Carden Fence Die with Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock, then embossed it with Barn Wall Embossing Folder. (Optional step – Apply oatmeal cookie ink pad to the embossed line to add color). Use foam square to attach it.
- Die cut the small hexagon from Special Day Tags Die set. Stamp it with “You are a child of god…..” with either black ink or clear pigment ink (heat emboss it with black embossing powder). Lightly ink the edges with Oatmeal Cookie Ink pad. Use double-layered foam squares to attach it on top of the fence. (Optional step- use cement tile stencil with yellow panpastel to create background)
- Stamp dove and cross from Baby’s Special Day Stamp, color with water splash color pencil and die cut it. Also die cut 1 extra dove and 1 extra cross. Adhere it to the stamped-colored dove and cross to thicken them up. I stack 4 mini foam squares behind the dove’s wing, 3 behind the belly. 3 large foam squares behind the cross. (Dove Color – 0045, 0046, 005, 0019, 0015) (Cross Color – 0023, 0027, 0022 )
- Bible – trim a 7/8″ x 1 3/8″ strip from black cardstock. Score a line at 5/8″ (pretty much count 5 score-line); skip one score-line for your 2nd score line; and count 5 more score-line is where to trim it. Sorry, I know it is confusing. Think about 5-1-5 and trim it.
- Then fold it up, put foam square in between and use craft glue to adhere the red book-mark (a mini strip from any red cardstock). Color the Bible edge with gold marker, write “Bible” and draw a cross on the cover. I use 4 foam squares to pop it up.
- To hang, add journey twine (I used natural color). Also add you choice of ribbon through the loop. I used Boho Trim and Special Day Organza.
Hope you all like it and will give it a try! I have 2 more cards to share using the Baby’s Special Day:
Thank You for stopping by and have a Sparkly Day!
Welcome to MY VERY VERY FIRST Blog Hop! Yup, my first blog hop as a member of the FSJ Creative Team! Woo hoo! The Team were told to share a project that would represent our own unique style. Did you hop over from the amazing talented lady “Carrie Rhoades“ ? or maybe from FSJ Blog ? Anyhow, I am sure these blogs will keep your weekend very crafty-busy!
It took me sometime to brain storm a project to share. I know I love scrapbooking with lot of embellishments and I love to add on some fun elements to my layout. I decided to pick one of the new product from the 2018-2019 FSJ Inspiration Book and Catalog, “The DIY HOOP“. A pack of DIY Hoop comes with 6, for less than $6!! NO WAY! Best Deal Ever!
Here is the project I would love to share!
I have broken this project into 2 levels, “Intro” and “Intermediate”, base on your comfort level plus the supplies you have at home.
Intro Level 1 – One Single DIY Hoop
- Use the largest DIY hoop and trace it on the canvas, fussy cut it out. Make sure trace the outside circle of the hoop, not the inside so you have room to adhere the canvas to the hoop.
- Grab some FSJ Modeling Paste and mix it with the Rose Gold PanPastel powder. Add powder in a small portion, mix well and add little by little for darker color.
- Use FSJ Spatula and spread the mixed modeling paste over Flower Power Stencils.
- Immediately clean your stencils with baby wipe or wet towel while waiting the paste to be dried.
- Once dried, adhere the canvas to the DIY Hoop using FSJ Craft Glue (Must Have!!)
- Die cut a small leaf and smaller flower from “Blooming Details Die Sets” and “Bloom Cluster Die” using vellum. Color the small flower with Rose Gold PanPastel. Adhere them to the DIY Hoop.
- Add 2 flowers from Vintage Burst and one peaches and cream Meadow flower with the Craft Glue.
- Then finish it up with a Natural Twine multi-loop bow.
- Add Sentiment and/or wallet size photo.
Not bad right? Let’s try Level 2 ! Actually, you have done half of the work already!
Intermediate Level 2 – 3 Hoops on Canvas
- Layout everything on canvas to get a draft design; take a picture with your cellphone so you can remember where things go.
- Spread modeling paste randomly over the canvas with Ring Stacks Stencil; let it dry and go clean the stencil!! You don’t want the paste to dry on your stencil! It is easier to clean when it is still wet!
- Mix Rose Gold PanPastel (small portion at a time) with Whip Cream Acrylic paint, add some water to dilute the paint to achieve water-color look.
- Start painting over canvas, recommend to practice where it will be covered by the large DIY hoops.
- Then add Oatmeal cookies Acrylic Paint (also add water to dilute the paint).
- Flick both diluted oatmeal and rose gold paint brush to add droplet over the layout.
- I also used Gold Silk for one last touch. Let it all dry, or use heat gun to dry it.
- Stamp the Ballerina image from Dance Life Stamp Set with clear pigment ink pad and heat set it with Black Embossing powder.
- I stamped a bow from Build-A-Wreath Stamp set on vellum and heat set with white embossing powder, fussy cut it out. I did the same to the flowers, but with white embossing powder over oatmeal cookies cardstock. I die cuts 4 leaves from Bloom Details Die, 2 colored with the diluted paints. I heat set 2 of them with copper embossing powder.
- Then glue all the hoops and embellishment on the layout. It can be any kind of embellishment you have at home. There is no right or wrong. The key is color coordination. You can add less or more depending on your preference. Once everything is dry, it is ALL DONE!!!!
Hope you all like it! Thank You for stopping by and keep hopping to the next one:
Jill Hilliard – Jill has something stinkin’ cute to share! All I can say is “Get yourself ready for the Holiday with Gnome”! Hurry and check it out! You will totally love her cards and her dogs (well at least I do! lol).
In case you are lost from hopping around, here is the master list for all the blogs:
Intro Level – Supply List: DIY Hoops / Meadow flower / Journey Twine Natural / Canvas Sheet / Modeling Paste / Rose Gold PanPastel / Spatula / Flower Power Stencils / Craft Glue / Blooming Details Die Sets / Bloom Cluster Die / Vellum / Vintage Burst
Intermediate Level – Additional Supply List: Oatmeal Cooke Acrylic Paint / Whip Crem Acrylic Paint / Dance Life Stamp Set / Clear Pigment Ink Pad / Black Embossing Powder / Cooper Embossing Powder / Detailed Foliage / Build-A-Wreath Stamp Set / Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock / Bloom Palette / Square Paint Brush / Vagabond Chips / Fashion Gold / Ring Stacks Stencil
I have no idea where to begin, beside 😱OMG! Woo Hoo! I made it to the FSJ Creative Team!! I am thrilled to share this wonderful news with you all! I am so super excited for this amazing opportunity!
I joined FSJ back in July 2017, and couldn’t go back to other stamping products. I am spoiled with the high quality and variety of paper crafting products they offered. When FSJ called for a Creative Team, I told myself “hey, give it a try!”. I was ready for a “NO” or “thanks for applying” email from FSJ. A “No” wouldn’t stop me crafting, so I tried my very best to wait patiently for the result.
After clicking 1000 times of “refresh” button of my inbox on 8/16/2018, I got an email with a subject line of “Congratulations” from Kim Kesti, the Creative Director at FSJ. I couldn’t believe I was selected as one of the eight designers for the new FSJ Creative Team. I read the email more than 10 times to confirm it was for “REAL”! LOL.
Here are some of my works that I submitted in my Round 1 and Round 2 applications:
Very soon, you will get to meet my teammates! They are amazingly talented and you gonna love them! Stay tuned, our first blog hop is scheduled on September 15th! WOOHOO!
Thank you for stopping by and this is gonna be a fabulous crafty year!
I can’t tell you how much I am in love with PanPastel. I use them for most of my projects! It is so easy to apply, and they blend amazingly well. Plus super easy to clean!! Just Love IT!!
- Stamp leaf images from Hello Fall Stamp Set with clear pigment ink pad on 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Whip Cream Cardstock .
- Randomly blend the yellow over the stamped cardstock.
- Clean out the applicator on a piece of paper, then move on with brown.
- Then pick up Raspberry Berry and apply all over.
- To finish it up, use the brown to blend over any remaining white spot.
- Repeat Step 1 in Option 1.
- Apply White Embossing powder and heat set it.
- Let it cool down, repeat Step 2,3,4,5 in Option 1.
- Blend Yellow, Brown and Raspberry Berry all over the whip cream cardstock.
- Stamp leaf images with clear pigment ink pad.
- Apply Gold Embossing powder to partial of the stamped images.
- Then apply Rose Gold Embossing powder to the remaining images.
- Heat set it and let it cool down!
Isn’t it easy to get 3 prints done? You can blend them in different orders and there is no restriction at all. Have fun and TRY IT! I used the prints to create 5 different cards:
Here is one quick Card that I would like to share:
The Sparkly Recipe:
- 4 1/2″ x 5.5″ Whip Cream Card base, Top Fold, emboss the front with Barn Wall Embossing Folder, lightly apply Cookie Oatmeal Ink pad on the embossed pattern)
- A Strip of PanPastel Print (1.5″ x 5.5″, I used the Option 3 print)
- Pumpkin Bread Card Stock Strip (2 1/4″ x 5″)
- Vellum (die-cut Maple Leaf from Hello Fall Die Cut)
- Stamp 3 acorns from Thankful Friends Stamp Set (ink the top of acorn with oatmeal cookie ink, and the rest with Raspberry Berry Ink). Die cut or fuzzy cut them out. Use an old brush and dip the clear pigment ink pad, brush the sticky ink on each acorn, sprinkle gold embossing powder over it, and heat set them.
- 1 Circle Die Cut (from the 2nd smallest circle die)
- 1 Strip of Corrugated paper (1/2″ x 3″)
- 1 Hazelnut Blend Card Stock strip (1/2″ x 4″, Stamp “Hello Fall” with clear pigment ink pad and heat set it with Gold Embossing Powder) trim end to create a banner look.
- Sprinkle Brozne Silk
- Add a few gold sequins with Journey Glaze and 2 fashion gold drops to finish it up
See it in Action:
Hope you all like it! Thank You and Have a Sparkly Day!
Supplies List (Click Image to Shop):
Just few more days left!!! The July Bloom Box will say goodbye to us! This is the cutest , sweetest and the most refreshing bloom box!! The box comes with all precut elements, ready for you to work on!
Each box allows you to create 4 eye-catching, unique greeting cards using the supplies FSJ provided. Just add your inks and a few tools, and you’re ready to go. Share your creations with friends and family, give a set as a gift, or keep in your personal inspiration library. Better yet, use it to host your own crafting party!
Easy to say than done? Don’t worry, check out the YouTube Link for a quick tutorial!
Need more information? Click HERE for more detail.
Want to give it a try, click “Ala Carte” to purchase the current month only.
Thank you for stopping by!
I am a paper crafter for many years, mainly scrapbooking. I tried stamping and card making years ago and it just didn’t click me…. Why? I am a very picky crafter. I just couldn’t find a product would give me a Woo! Until my college craft buddy introduced me to Fun Stampers Journey products July 2017. I just couldn’t stop telling others the quality of the stamps, ink pads and more.
I stamp with my kids all the time. We color together and I die cut for them. Kids use them like stickers to stick everywhere 😆at my house. My 7 years helps me with idea and she makes cards all the time for her friends! It is so fun to craft with me kids!
I would like to invite you to become part of the FSJ Family! Great crafting community, great discount, great product! You can be a hobby coach with no pressure and have fun! Or gear it up into a business, craft as you make a few extra buck!!
Our starter kit is from $49! Click HERE for more details.
But why MY TEAM?
I will be here to coach you for ideas, provide tech support, and create together!
I will also send out Welcome package to help you get start.
Still sounded very complicated? Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org ! I can walk through the process !
Or you are so READY? Click here to JOIN MY TEAM!